Refund Rules under GST
– Application to be file in in FORM GST RFD-01
– Refund can be claimed only if the amount is also showed in the GST Returns of relevant tax period
– Refund application shall be accompanied by documentary evidences, as applicable, to establish that a refund is due to the applicant along with the reference number of the order passed by the proper officer or an appellate authority or Appellate Tribunal or court.
– In case of Refund related to Unutilised input tax credit on account of rate of tax on inputs being higher than the rate of tax on output supplies-a statement in Annex 1 of FORM GST RFD-01 containing the number and date of invoices received and issued during a tax period has to be filled.
– In case of refund arising due to finalisation of provisional assessment than reference number of the final assessment has also to be submitted.
– Refund Upto Rs. 2 Lakh– self declaration that the incidence of tax etc claimed as refund not passed on to any other person
– Refund more than 2 Lakh– Ca or Cost Accountant Certificate that the incidence of tax etc claimed as refund not passed on to any other person (in Annex 2 of FORM GST RFD-01)
– Common Portal will issue an Acknowledgment in FORM GST RFD-02 within 15 Days
– In case of any deficiencies proper officer shall communicate the deficiencies to the applicant in FORM GST RFD-03
– Proper officer shall pass an order in FORM GST RFD-04, sanctioning the amount of refund
– Proper officer shall issue a payment advice in FORM GST RFD-05 for the amount sanctioned
ACA SOURAV BAGARIA